How do you make a snack even more delicious than a chocolate brownie?
Infuse it with the flavour of one of the most popular and delicious flavoured black teas of course!
The next time you find yourself with a bad case of 3:30-itis make yourself a cup of tea, take a brownie and take 5 from the world you'll be glad you did.
- 175g butter
- 1 tablespoon Blue Velvet black tea
- 1½ cups of caster sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1¼ cups of plane flour
- 2 large free-range eggs
- ½ cup of choc chips
- 1 cup of sliced berries
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 160°C
1. Using a small pot melt the butter over low heat, once the butter is half melted add the tea in an infuser, when the butter is fully melted remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes
2. Combine sugar, baking powder, flour cocoa in a large mixing bowl
3. Add the melted tea-butter, vanilla and eggs to the dry ingredients and mix until combined
4. Stir in the choc chips, berries and nuts
5. Line a deep 8" square or 9" round baking dish with baking paper
6. Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly, bake for 20-25 minutes
7. Allow to cool completely before slicing up - don't make them too big they are very rich
Now make a cup of your favourite afternoon tea and enjoy!